Thursday, January 27, 2011

Letter from Rachel E. Newitt to Robert Dodge - 1957

Mr & Mrs. Robert Dodge
770 E. 350 S.
Clearfirld, Utah

Oct. 27, 1957

Deat folks little & all,

I got your letter. I am glad you are getting started. I think you & Alfred will get nearly $2,000 apiece; it's not much but it's yours. I don't understand Aunt Ann. Frankie was to see me several times after David was gone & we always talked alot about you boys & she said she had a will & that she wanted you boys & Clara's two children to have their share of what was left after she was gone.
Ann never let me know that Frankie was gone & Sharkie's newphew called Keith after she was buried & told Keith alot of things, so Keith called me & then he went to Sacramento & got this lawyer & he (lawyer) on the ball quick & tied up what money was there in the back; so Ann got all the Lemons & Silver & sent it to Virginia, so that is gone; lawyer will take 1/3 of what he gets and of course I thought Ann told you boys until Keith was here. Well, all we can do is to stand against Ann, that & of course if this lawyer works for us all he will make a stronger case.
I wrote Bill Morgan; haven't heard from him yet but he was here last year & he was such a nice fellow & was willing to go along with this fellow, his name is William Morgan. I just fell in love with him & his sister's name is Mary McNab. I'll send you their addresses. I haven't seen Mary since she was a baby; thier mother was our older sister & a darling girl, she has been gone for years. I don't know of any brother that is living; I believe Ann & I are the only living Dodge's left in our family. Am glad you are married and have such nice baby.
Yes, I wrote Alfred & he said he would write to the lawyer but he would love to hear from you I know. I got your address from your mother & must write to her but it's hard for me to write. I haven't been well for the last three years. It's getting pretty cool here; will be glad to see spring. I still miss my letters from your father.

Love for now,
Auntie Ray

Mrs R. Newitt
351 Conta Costa
Tacoma, Wash.

William Morgan
Bx 635
Lloydminster, Sask., canada

Mrs. Mary McNab
Bx 611
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

No comments: